Choosing the right location for your buy-to-let
Looking for a suitable buy-to-let property can be a minefield – what should you look for? How will you know you’re making the right choice?
Try to be as objective as you can in your search and create a list of key questions to help aid your decision making.
We’ve put together a few example questions to help you along the way – and if you are interested in a buy-to-let property – call us or visit our page to book an appointment to see how we can help kickstart your property portfolio.
Here are some of the topics you may wish to consider when looking for a buy-to-let property:
- Who do you want to rent to?
- How long might it take to secure tenants around this area?
- What is the rental market in the area like? Is it growing or declining?
- Is there the potential to build in capital growth?
- Will the rent you receive cover your costs?
- Can you make improvements to the property in order to increase rental income or capital growth?
- Have you looked at any forecasts for property growth in the area?
- Should you rent privately or use a letting agent?
Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
There may be a fee for mortgage advice.
The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate some forms of buy to lets.